These awards will recognise schools that have innovated and endeavoured to provide improved outcomes for pupils using the Primary PE and Sport Premium grant.
You can nominate your school for one of the following cateogries:
Physical activity and health enhancing - For schools which can demonstrate the impact of the funding on their pupils'
engagement in physical activity or health improvement activities.
Whole school improvement - For schools which can demonstrate the impact of the funding on pupils in and through PE, including
other curriculum subjects and priority school development areas.
Increased participation in competitive sport - For schools which can demonstrate the impact of the funding increasing pupil
participation levels in competitive sport. The impact of this on pupils should be clearly stated.
Round 1- Sub -Regional Awards - Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire
Applications will be judged at a sub-regional level. Winners will receive a CSW Award and be entered into the West Midlands regional awards. Deadline for applications to be returned is Friday 7th April 2017.
Round 2- Regional Awards
Winners of the CSW awards will be up against winners from the other five West Midlands County Sports Partnerships (Active Black Country, Sport across Staffordshire & Stoke-on-Trent (SASSOT), Sport Birmingham, Sports Partnership Herefordshire Worcestershire, Energize (Shropshire)
Round 3- National Awards
Winners of the West Midlands regional awards will be put forward to the National Awards to compete against winners from other regions.
Advice and Guidance
A successful application should demonstrate:
- Innovation - Has the school delivered something additional which is pioneering and original which could be a pilot for other schools to learn from?
- Sustainability - Can the impact of an additional intervention be maintained after the funding is no longer provided?
- Impact on pupils - How has the school ensured and measured that pupil’s benefit from the intervention? Can the School produce evidence of this if required?
The panel will consider applications more favourably if any of the following are referenced:
· Transition (i.e. how pupils' will continue to benefit when they move on to secondary schools)
· Social mobility (i.e. how pupils' future prospects have or will be improved)
· The school’s journey from under-performing to over-performing in your chosen area
To apply download the application form and further guidance click here
Celebrating schools acheivements using Primary PE and Sport Premium
across Coventry, Solihull & Warwickshire