There are various offers of support for your school, below are links to partners, case studies, official guides and reviewing tools.
Think Active support for your school
We can offer guidance and best practice regarding the PE and School Sport Premium funding, how best to audit current provision, provide templates for website reports and work with schools on areas of PE and School Sport. As a result schools have been able to plan a sustainable approach in line with OFSTED recommendations when spending the funding, whilst allowing maximum impact of pupils' participation and achievement. To request support please email Emma.email@example.com
National case studies click here to view them
The Department of Education has put together a Regional Case Study document demonstrating how some schools have used their Primary PE and Sport Premium funding. Coleshill Heath Primary School in Solihull have developed their PE department in a number of ways and found this has had a positive effect on other subjects. PE and sport in schools can benefit both the child and the educational system much wider than in PE lessons. Find out how Coleshill used their funding Regional Case Study
Local Case Studies
National Partner Support
Self-Review and Action Planning Tools
Key things to consider:
• Have you completed an audit of the current provision for PE and Sport at your school and how this links to needs of you students and the school community?
• Have you put information on how you are spending the new funding on your website in line with DfE requirements?
• Do you have a development plan for PE and Sport at your school which includes both curriculum PE, competitive and extra curriculum sport?
• Do you need help ensuring you are using quality coaches and that teachers are not being displaced in curriculum, time?
• Do you need help in planning how to spend the Primary School Sport Premium effectively so the needs of your school community are met as well as Osted requirements?
• Do you need assistance in accessing relevant CPD for your staff around PE and Sport so the primary can have sustainable outcomes?
Watch the video and find out out how Howes Primary School in Coventry used their funding to target an inactive group of pupils
Watch the video and find out out Smithswood in North Solihull worked with Warwickshire Wildlife Trust to encourage activity in their KS1 pupils